Monday, November 17, 2008

Week 2 in Field Experience

Wow, this week has flown! I can't beleive we go back to school next Monday. This field experience has been great so far. I have learned so much from my cooperating teacher Ms. Schwaiger. This week we started our unit on Mexico vs. the U.S. Our lesson was on Thursday and we were observed. We were teaching the students about Mexico and having them make a brochure. We tried having them do Jigsaw; it worked alright but it could have been more organized. I'm glad we experimented with it because I know how we will do it differently next time. On Friday we did our second lesson plan and this one was on things they loved about the United States. The students were in groups and did a colage. I thought it turned out really well. The students learned a lot. They finally grasped what culture meant and they are starting to understand the differences in the Mexican vs. American cultures. This experience has been great.

1 comment:

Mrs Petersen said...

It seems like things are going great in your class! You guys have such a fun topic for social studies! How did your observation go? Mine and Wendy's is tomorrow.